|Braathen Dendrokronologiska Undersökningar|
Göteve parish church is situated about 10 km South-West of Falköping in Skara diocese. The name Göte ve means the holy site of the Gotha tribe. The local area contains many prehistoric monuments.
The original building consists of nave, chancel and apsis. The nave has later been prolonged westwards. The present building has vestry and porch. In the church yard is a trestle-like detached bell tower. The roof structure is in main part original. The chancel has a barrel vault.
Among samples taken, two pieces of oak in the chancel and one piece of pine in the nave contain waney edge. The outermost annual ring is dated 1093.
This stone church in cavity wall technique without protruding ground plate is the oldest known stone church in Sweden apart from the church of Dalby, which was erected in the reign of Sven Estridsson, danish king. Dalby is about 10 km from Lund.